There is an additional admission period for bachelor-level degree programmes conducted in English at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (Seinäjoki UAS):
Timetable for additional admission
- Application period: 13-24 July 2009. All the required attachments must be submitted by 24 July at 3.30 pm Finnish time (+2 GMT) at the latest.
- Invitations for entrance examinations will be posted:
on 3 August 2009 at the latest
- Entrance examinations: 11 August 2009
- Announcement of admission results: 18 August 2009
- Admitted students must confirm to accept the study place: by 26 August 2009 at 3.30 pm Finnish time (+2 GMT) at the latest
- Commencement of studies: 2 September 2009
How to apply?
You can apply by completing the application form (see the attachments on the right) and sending it with required attachments by 24 July at 3.30 pm Finnish time (+2 GMT) at the latest to Admissions Office of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
Attachments to application
All required attachments must arrive by post by 24 July at 3.30 pm Finnish time (+2 GMT) at the latest. All attachments must be posted or delivered to the Admissions Office. Attachments sent by fax or email are not accepted.
Admission is conditional until the UAS has checked the applicant’s school and other relevant certificates. The UAS may revoke admission if an applicant has given false information.
The required attachments are:
- Copy of the original and final educational certificate: See details on required qualifications by selecting Certificates on the left.
- An official Finnish, Swedish or English translation of the certificate must be provided, if the certificate is not written in one of these languages. The translation must have the translator’s signature and stamp.
- Language certificates: Applicants, who are a non-EU/EEA citizen, are required to provide proof of their language skills. Also other applicants who wish to be exempt from the language test may provide a language certificate. See the minimum requirements and details by selecting Language skills on the left.
The entrance examinations for both the Degree Programme in International Business (BBA) and the Degree Programme in Nursing are held on 11 August 2009 at Seinäjoki UAS, Finland. Examinations will not be organized outside Finland.
Entrance examination for the Degree Programme in International Business (BBA)
| Examination part
|| Minumum points
|| Maximum points
| Multiple-choice questions
|| 4 points
|| 30 points
| Essay writing
|| 5 points
|| 10 points
| Mathematics-logical questions
|| 2 points
|| 20 points
| Interview/Language test
|| 19 points
|| 40 points
|| 30 points
|| 100 points
If an applicant fails to reach the minimum point level in any of the examination parts, he/she will be disqualified in the entrance examination.
The questions and essay in the written part will be based on three different pre-reading materials which can be found through the following links:
a) A set of articles called:
Doing good – Business and the sustainability challenge
b) A set of two articles:
When fortune frowned
Charting a different course
c) A publication by SITRA:
Cleantech Finland - improving the environment through business
or another path to the same publication:
The material cannot be used during the examination.
Using a valid result from an entrance examination in joint application 2009:
Applicants applying for the Degree Programme in International Business (BBA) may use a valid result from an entrance examination in joint application spring 2009. The result must be 30.00 or above (the minimum score for a passed examination). You need to state the wish to use the result from spring 2009 on the application form and send the Decision on student admission as a document. The result will be confirmed from the UAS in question.
The result must be from a degree programme in the same field of study: social sciences, business and administration. It can be from the following degree programmes/UASs (co-operating in joint application 2009):
- Arcada: DP in International Business
- Central Ostrobothnia UAS: DP in Business Management
- Haaga-Helia UAS: DP in International Business
- HAMK UAS: DP in International Business
- Helsinki Metropolia UAS: DP in International Business and Logistics
- JAMK UAS: DP in International Business
- Kajaani UAS: DP in Internationa Business
- Kemi-Tornio UAS: DP in Business Management
- Kymenlaakson amk UAS: DP in International Business
- Lahti UAS: DP in International Business
- Laurea UAS: DP in Business Management
- Mikkeli UAS: DP in International Business
- North Karelia UAS: DP in International Business
- Oulu UAS: DP in International Business
- Saimaa UAS: DP in International Business
- Satakunta UAS: DP in Innovative Business Services or
DP in International Business and Marketing Logistics
- Savonia UAS: DP in International Business
- Seinäjoki UAS: DP in International Business
- TAMK UAS: DP in International Business
- Turku UAS: DP in International Business
- Vaasa UAS: DP in International Business
Please contact the Admissions Office of Seinäjoki UAS in any matters regarding the application procedures. Contact information: top right.