ADMISSION CRITERIA IN 2013
Seinäjoki UAS follows the general admission criteria for the year 2013 decided on by the UASs in the joint application system for the bachelor-degrees conducted in English. This criteria applies to both the Degree Programme in International Business and the Degree Programme in Nursing.
However, discretionary admission is applied in both degree programmes when evaluating applicant's eligibility. Further details on discretionary admission: please see Certificates to use for applying.
Fifty per cent of the applicants will be admitted on the basis of the entrance examination only, and 50 % on the basis of the combined points for previous school performance and the entrance examination. If openings become available later, applicants in reserve places will be admitted in the order indicated by their admission points. The Polytechnics Act (351/2003) contains the groups that are eligible to study at a UAS.
1. Admission on the basis of total points for school performance and entrance examination
- Finnish upper secondary education or the Finnish matriculation examination
- International Baccalaureate or Reifeprüfung examination completed in Finland
- European Baccalaureate of European Schools
Applicants receive a maximum of 30 points for school performance and a maximum of 100 points for the entrance examination, which is scaled down to a maximum of 70 points. The maximum number of total points is therefore 100.
2. Admission on the basis of the entrance examination
- Finnish vocational degrees
- Non-Finnish degree or qualification which gives eligibility for higher education in the awarding country
The maximum number of total points on the entrance examination is 100.
Selection of applicants with an equal amount of admission points
In cases of a tie in admission points, applicants are ranked according to the following:
1. Order of preference of the options
2. Result of the entrance exam
3. Grade point average in all subjects
4. Points awarded for school performance
If the admission points are still tied after ranking applicants based on these criteria, the application system will automatically draw an applicant for selection.
Applicant's Health Issues
The person applying for a place to study Health and Social Studies (Nursing) must meet certain health requirements to be able to study and work in the field.
The applicant should consider the following points:
- studying and working in this field requires a good mental health
- diseases of the locomotive organs, chronic skin diseases, and allergies may constitute a problem during the studies or later in actual work, and
- diseases transmitted through blood may restrict the possibilities to work in the field
- this field is not suitable for people with alcohol or substance abuse problems
Seinajoki UAS may also require a criminal record from the students whose practical training includes working with minors (under 18 year olds). (Polytechnics Act 352/2003 25 b §)
Applicant is required to give relevant information about his/her health and send it to the polytechnic/UAS. This applies also for information about possible earlier revoked study place.