ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS
Applicants with a qualification completed outside Finland and who are from a non-EU/EEA country
You must provide proof of your English language skills by 22 February 2013, 16.15 (+2 GMT). PLEASE, TAKE a required English language TEST EARLY ENOUGH: due to the popularity of the tests, the test dates close to the application period may be fully booked months ahead. Register for the test as soon as possible. Please note also, that it may take some time for score results to be delivered to Finland: please, order them long in advance.
Please note that some degree programmes may have a compulsory English language test in the entrance examination.
Applicants with a qualification from Finland and/or who are from an EU/EEA country
Your English language skills will be evaluated in the entrance examination.
An applicant who fails the language test is withdrawn from admission. It is not compulsory for you to provide a proof of your language skills by 22 February 2013.
The minimum requirements for proving the level of skills in English:
- IELTS score of 6.0 on the academic level: You can send a copy of your Test Report Form. We use the IELTS TRF Verification Service to make sure applicants present an authentic Test Report Form.
- TOEFL score of 550 on paper-based tests or 79–80 on Internet-based tests. TOEFL scores are only accepted directly from the Educational Testing Service. The code number for the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences is 1305. Please use this code number when indicating Seinäjoki UAS as a score recipient. Scores will be sent to us directly from the Educational Testing Service.
- Cambridge ESOL’s Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) or Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C. However, discretionary admission is applied in Seinäjoki UAS: also CEFR-level C1 in CPE-test is accepted, please contact!
- Pearson test of English: PTE General test level 4 and PTE Academic 51.
- Grade C on the Finnish matriculation examination in advanced level English (grade 4 on the IB examination completed in Finland, grade 7 on the Reifeprüfung examination completed in Finland, or grade 6.00–6.95 on the EB examination)
- Level 4 in English language skills on the Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency test (Yleinen kielitutkinto). Level 4 must be obtained in all parts (English communicative oral skills, reading comprehension and writing).
Both TOEFL and IELTS test results are valid for two years. The Finnish National Certificate of Language Proficiency does not have a set date of validity.
In addition, the following are also accepted as proof of sufficient English language skills:
- upper secondary education or a bachelor’s or master’s degree completed in English in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- a bachelor’s or master’s degree conducted in English in a European Union/European Economic Area -country