Announcement of the results
Degree Programme in International Business (BBA) and
Degree Programme in International Business Management (MBA)
Admission results will be published by 1 July 2016. You may be notified of the admission result before 1 July if
- you gained admission to your highest preference or
- you were accepted, for example, to your third preference and will not be able to gain admission to the programmes you had listed as preferences 1 and 2.
SeAMK does not use a waiting list / reserve place -system in the joint application of spring 2016, so no one is admitted after 1 July 2016 from a reserve place. All the new students will be admitted by 1 July 2016.
Confirmation to accept the study place
Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place by 15 July 2016 at 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest. You will lose the study place if you do not accept it by the deadline. Confirmation of the study place is binding and cannot be altered or cancelled. You can confirm the study place either electronically or by submitting a confirmation form. If possible, primarily accept the study place electronically at the Studyinfo.fi -service by registering through the My Studyinfo -link at the top right hand corner of the front page. In order to log in to the service by strong authentication you need a Finnish personal identity code and Finnish online banking credentials, a mobile certificate or an electronic identity card. If you are unable to accept the study place electronically, use the confirmation form.
Please note that you can accept only one study place in the “Joint application to higher education spring 2016” or direct degree applications / separate applications to Universities or Universities of Applied Sciences. When you accept the study place you can no longer be considered as a first-time applicant.
Registering for the academic year
In addition to accepting the study place, you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year 2016-2017 by 15 July 2016 at 15.00 (+3 GMT). If you do not register as a student, you will lose your study right. If the student needs to apply for the restitution of the study entitlement, the application fee is 50 Euros (A1440/2014, 3 §).
You can register
- electronically through the national enrollment service when accepting your study place (a link to service will be activated when you have accepted the study place in Studyinfo) or
- If you are unable to register electronically, send an email to admissions(at)seamk.fi.
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
- completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
- maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
- if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence should be sent by post or presented at the Admission Services of Seinäjoki University of Applies Sciences. The documents must be provided by 15 July 2016 at 15.00 at the latest, at which time documents delivered by post must also be delivered. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies on 1 August 2016. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification.
Submitting copies of the certificates
Submit copies of the certificates you used as the basis for application and their translations (Finnish, Swedish or English) to the Admission Services by 15 July 2016 at 15.00 (+3 GMT). If you choose to send the documents by e-mail, please take into account security issues. The copies will not be returned. If you have already submitted the copies to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences during the application period, you do not need to submit them again. If you applied for bachelor-level studies with your Matriculation Examination completed in Finland in 1990 or after, you do not need to submit the certificate at all.
Students registered as attending must produce their original school certificates on the first day of studies. Students registered as non-attending will show their original certificates when they register as attending and start their studies.
The student admission is conditional until the copies of the certificates and the original certificates have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide his/her certificates by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you can do a written request for rectification by 15 July 2016, 15.00 (+3 GMT).