A student may transfer from another university of applied sciences to study for the same degree title in to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. A change of educational field always requires the use of the Joint Application System and a decision on admission based on it.
How to apply?
You can apply for transfer to/within Seinäjoki UAS using the application form, that will be published in September. Enclose the following attachments to your application:
- Valid Study Certificate (fi: “opiskelutodistus”), showing your history of attendance
- Up-to-date Transcript of Records stamped and signed by the UAS where you are studying in currently
- A certificate of credits missing from the Transcript of Records, if needed. The certificate needs to be signed and stamped by the tutor teacher
- Syllabus/Curriculum/Personal Curriculum
The application form and the required attachments need to arrive at the SeAMK Student Services by 31 October 2016, 15.00 (+2 GMT).
An application for transfer may be approved if the student meets the selection criteria and if the resources of the educational unit allow the admission of a new student to the Degree Programme. Before the decision, if needed, the applicant may be invited to an interview or entrance examination.
All applicants will be informed of the decisions on admission by 9 December 2016. A person admitted as a student can begin their studies only at the beginning of a semester.
Transfer to Seinäjoki UAS from another UAS in Finland
Criteria for selection:
1.The student has valid study entitlement at some other Finnish UAS, at which the student has been registered as attending for at least one year
2.The student is enrolled in the same Degree Programme, in education leading to the same Degree and Degree Title.
- From education conducted in Finnish the transfer is only possible to education conducted in Finnish and from education conducted in English the transfer is only possible to education conducted in English
- From Bachelor-level Education, transfer is only possible to Bachelor-level Education
- From Master-level education, transfer is only possible to Master-level education
3.The studies pursued by the student at their UAS of origin have progressed sufficiently
- In the case of Bachelor-level education, we require a minimum of 45 credits of approved studies per academic year or 22,5 credits per semester, which have been completed by the end of the semester and entered in the Transcript of Records. (Also a certificate of credits missing from the Transcripts of Records, if needed.)
- In the case of Master-level education, we require a minimum of 15 credits of approved studies per academic year, which have been completed by the end of the semester and entered in the Transcript of Records. (Also a certificate of credits missing from the Transcripts of Records, if needed.)
4.The student has a realistic opportunity to earn their Degree within the remaining study entitlement period.
- The student’s study entitlement period started to run when the student bindingly accepted their study place and registered as attending for the first time at the student’s first UAS; upon a change of UAS, the study entitlement period is neither prolonged nor starts from the beginning.
- When determining the date of termination of the regular period of study, the extent of the Degree to be earned, the inception date of the studies, as well as the number of months of attendance and non-attendance are taken into account.
5.The prerequisite for transfer is that a student approved as a transfer student withdraws from the UAS of origin and delivers a Certificate of Withdrawal to Seinäjoki UAS upon registration.
If the applicant has applied to degree studies in the field of Social Services and Health as a transfer student, the university of applied sciences has the right to receive indispensable information from the other university of applied sciences on a possible pending procedure for the revocation of the applicant’s right to study (932/2014, 33-34 §).
Changing the Degree Programme at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
A student of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences can apply a change of degree programme, when aiming for the same degree without degree title don't change. Please see instructions and application form at the Student intranet.
For further information please contact the Student Services of Seinäjoki UAS: maria.hemminki(a)seamk.fi