Empowerment and Social work
Empowerment and Social Work is an exchange programme for students offered by the School of Health Care and Social Work of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
What is the programme all about?
Welcome to study in English a module concentrating in one of the main issues of social work. What does the concept of empowerment really mean in the context of social work? How do the different ideas on producing welfare influence in the goals and methods of social work? How can we promote change in our own thinking and in the live of clients? By participating in this module you can get answers and formulate new questions with a group of foreign and Finnish students.
31-36 ECTS credits available in total
- Introduction to Studies in Finland, 3 ECTS
- Introduction to Welfare Society, 3 ECTS
- Empowering Social Work, 3 ECTS
- Facilitating Activity-Based Groups, 4 ECTS
- Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS
- Communication and Media in Social Work, 4 ECTS
- Practical Training: Methods of Empowerment in Social Work, 10 ECTS
- Optional Studies, 0-5 ECTS
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- Finnish Society and Social Policy, 2-3 ECTS
The students chosen to the module should have studied social work for at least one year in their home university or university of applied scieces. They should have such skills in English language that they can use it as a language of studies.
4 September – 15 September 2017
- Motivation letter with photo (max 1 page)
- Learning agreement for studies
- Transcript of records in English
Please send the application in one email with the requested documents attached before 15th of May 2017 to tiina.ojanpera(a)seamk.fi.