Gateway to Cultural Management Studies
Gateway to Cultural Management Studies is an exchange programme offered by School of Business and Culture of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
The cultural manager’s core competencies include the design and implementation of productions, productization, brand building, and communication. The cultural manager is able to anticipate and assess benefits of productions, be they cultural, economic, or social.
There is a need for the cultural manager’s competencies in the media and entertainment industry, publishing, sports-related productions, advertising and marketing organisations’ productions, art productions (music, theatre, TV, film), as well as game and other interactive productions.
The exchange programme in Cultural Management offers courses in these fields.
The studies include small group work, expert lectures, company visits, learning assignments, project work and practical training in real learning environments.
Spring semester 2019
Course offering will be updated later.
Spring semester 2018
(19 February – 25 May 2018)
- Sociocultural Event, 10 ECTS
- Documentary Film Production, 12 ECTS
- Developing Concepts for Web and Mobile Communication, 8 ECTS
- Basics of Video Lighting, 2 ECTS
- Cross-Cultural Business and Marketing Communication, 6 ECTS
- Sustainable Management, 3 ECTS
- Creating Websites, 3 ECTS
Language and Culture Studies
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- Doing Business in English, 3 ECTS
- Intercultural Communication, 3 ECTS