Gateway to Cultural Management Studies
Gateway to Cultural Management Studies is an exchange programme offered by School of Business and Culture of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
The cultural manager’s core competencies include the design and implementation of productions, productization, brand building, and communication. The cultural manager is able to anticipate and assess benefits of productions, be they cultural, economic, or social.
There is a need for the cultural manager’s competencies in the media and entertainment industry, publishing, sports-related productions, advertising and marketing organisations’ productions, art productions (music, theatre, TV, film), as well as game and other interactive productions.
The exchange programme in Cultural Management offers courses in these fields.
The studies include small group work, expert lectures, company visits, learning assignments, project work and practical training in real learning environments.
Autumn semester 2021
Gateway to Cultural Management exchange programme is offered only during autumn semester.
Professional studies (all optional):
- 2K00CL88 Productization Process 3 ECTS
- 2K00CL89 Concept Development 5 ECTS
- 2B00BP21 Visual Communication 5 ECTS
Optional: Production Work package (mandatory to take all 3 courses)
- 2B00BP32 Production Work II: Design 3 ECTS
- 2B00BP33 Production Work II: Implementation 4 ECTS
- 2B00BP34 Production Work II: Documentation 2 ECTS
Choose only one of the following two courses:
- 2K00CL93 Techniques and Technologies of Audiovisual Narrative 5 ECTS
- 2B00BP44 Trends in the Cultural Field 5 ECTS
- KD06CNTT720 Creating Websites 3 ECTS
- KD07CYEN225 Doing Business in English 3 ECTS
- KDKMVVO105 Intercultural communication 3 ECTS
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture 3 ECTS