Professional Studies at School of Technology
Professional Studies at School of Technology is an exchange programme offered by the School of Technology Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
What is the Professional Studies at School of Technology all about?
School of Technology Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK) offers professional studies in English in the fields of Automation Technology, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineering. Also studies in the field of Construction Engineering and Electrical Engineering and Electronics are available at SeAMK. Additionally, some degree programme offer joint professional studies and the students are free to combine the professional studies and the students are free to combine the professional studies of the various degree programmes. The studies concist of general studies and professional studies. Depending on the degree programme and the chosen courses, the students may acquire a considerable of ECTS points in one semester.
Prerequisites and timetable
The basics of the studies of the respective degree programme and sufficient competence in English language are essential. The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of SeAMK. The length of studies is one academic semester, starting in the beginning of September and ending around mid-December. The spring semester is from February until May. Application deadline for the autumn semester is 15th of May and for the spring semester 15th of November.
Autumn semester 2018
Course offering will be updated soon.
Spring semester 2018
19 February – 25 May 2018
There is some flexibility in the programme dates for individual participants, especially regarding tailored projects. This is agreed between the coordinators of the sending institution and SeAMK during the nomination phase. The workload per semester is approximately 30 ECTS credits.
C++ Programming, 4 ECTS
Object-oriented Programming, 4 ECTS
Software Project B: 3 – 6 ECTS
Project Workshop, 2 – 4 ECTS
Laboratory Assignments in Electronics, 3 ECTS
English Speaking Practice, 2 ECTS
Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
Technical English, 3 ECTS, 2.1.2018-25.2.2018 (NB! Starts in January)
General timetable of the program:
Week no 8: Orientation week starts 19th Feb. + some classes
Week no 9 (starts 26th Feb): holiday week in School of Technology
In addition, students can choose courses from Programme ‘Gateway to International Business’.
Autumn semester 2017
- Embedded Systems, 4 ECTS
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Basics of Digital Technology, 4 ECTS
- Basics of Electronics, 3 ECTS
- Advanced Electronics, 3 ECTS
- Automotive Laboratories, 4 ECTS
- Computer Aided Manufacturing, 2 ECTS
- Laboratory Assignments in NC Technology, 3 ECTS
- Production Management, 3 ECTS
- Production Simulation, 4 ECTS
- Mechanical Drawing and CAD, 5 ECTS
- Machine Automation 1, 4 ECTS
- Laboratory Assignments in Automation 1, 4 ECTS
- Robotics, 4 ECTS
- BIM (Building Information Modelling), 3 ECTS
- Steel Structures 1, 5 ECTS
- FEM (Finite Element Method), 3 ECTS
- Log Construction, 2 ECTS
- Construction Laboratories, 5 ECTS
- Concrete in Harsh Conditions, 3 ECTS
- Timber Structures 1, 5 ECTS
- Quality Management, 3 ECTS
- Languages and Communication
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- Intercultural Communication, 3 ECTS
- Technical English, 3 ECTS
- English Speaking Practise, 2 ECTS