Entrance Examinations for International Business
International Business Entrance Examination
When you apply in the joint application 8-22 January 2020 and you are found eligible to apply, you will be invited to the national entrance exam for International Business studies.
In order to comply with the Finnish government’s recommendations due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the entrance examination of Bachelor’s Degree Programmes in Business and Administration will not be arranged as planned on 1 April 2020.
The national entrance examination of Bachelor’s Degree Programmes in Business has been changed from the face-to-face exam to an online exam due to the Corona virus situation. The exam will now be fully online. Please note that the original times have changed.
Content of the online entrance exam in 2020
The online exam will now contain two phases: 1) Pretasks A & B, and 2) Online interview
1) The Pretasks A & B
- Pretask A (application video)
- Create a 2-minute applicant video according to the Pretask A Instructions: https://storage.googleapis.com/seamk-production/2020/03/business_pretaska_applicantvideo_2020_instructions-1.pdf
- You can start working on the video today, and it must be ready latest by 11.45 Finnish time on Tuesday 14 April.
- Pretask B (written online exam with essay and maths)
- Further instructions will be sent to you by email on Monday 6 April.
- The online exam will be open for you on Tuesday 14 April at 11.45 – 14.00 Finnish time.
- Mark the date and time in your calendar now.
- For the online exam you will need a quiet place with computer, and an internet connection.
- You need to start reading the required pre-reading material now. The essay of Pretask B will be based on the pre-reading material, that was published in January. See the link on this page.
- Points awarded: max 25 p; minimum requirement 8 p,
Best applicants will be invited to an online interview by the points of Pretasks A & B.
2) The Online interview
- Invitations will be sent by email between 22 – 24 April
- Individual online interviews (about 30 min – video connection required) between 27 – 29 April
- Points awarded: max 25p; minimum requirement 5p
The applicants must pass all parts of the examination in order to be selected for admission.
For the exam you will need a computer, and an internet connection, and a quiet place.
Exam participants from outside of Finland can check the Finnish time e.g. with the Time and Date website: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/finland/helsinki
Name of article: AI. The Future of Work? Work of the Future!
Author: A report by Michel Servoz Year of publication: 10 May 2019
Publisher: European Commission, European Political Strategy Centre (EPSC)
PDF/Volume_01: Catalogue numberES-01-19-388-EN-N • ISBN978-92-76-02953-3 • DOI10.2872/913422
You do not need to read the full document for the entrance exam. You only need to read the following pages of the article:
- pages 1 – 75 (Introduction, Executive Summary, Chapters 1 – 4)
- pages 93 – 97 (Chapter 6 & Chapter 6.1.)
- pages 103 – 113 (Chapters 6.3. – 6.5.)
Co-operating Business programmes
Universities of applied sciences organise entrance exams in co-operation. Degree programmes belonging to the same entrance exam group accept entrance exams completed in the other participating universities of applied sciences. SeAMK participates in the national entrance examination co-operation. Follow the link below and choose “Entrance examinations in Finland” and “Bachelor’s Degree Programmes in Business and Administration”.
Individual Arrangements for Entrance Exam
If you need individual arrangements for the entrance examination, fill in the Application form and submit it with the required enclosures to SeAMK Admission Services by 29 January 2020 (3 pm Finnish time). You`ll find the Application for Individual Arrangements on Entrance Exam here.
Feedback on the entrance examination
You can ask feedback on the entrance examination from Anne-Maria Aho (email: anne-maria.aho(at)seamk.fi, tel. +358 40 830 4173) on 10 June 2020 at 12-14 (+ 3 GMT).
Seinäjoki University of
P.O. Box 412
Frami F, 2nd floor
Tel. +358 (0)20 124 5208
Fax +358 (0)20 124 5001