RDI and Projects
SeAMK conducts research, development and innovation (RDI) with a distinctly practical emphasis, serving teaching and supporting industrial small and medium enterprises (SME) and service production within the region. RDI is carried out in co-operation with regional and national enterprises and organizations. Student involvement in RDI projects is vital to their studies and their objectives of becoming acknowledged experts in their fields. Nearly 100 persons-years have been invested in RDI work yearly. Approximately 70% of the RDI funding comes from external sources. Many RDI projects involve partners from foreign countries.
From the link below you can find SeAMK’s Projects Database which inroduces projects both in Finnish and in English. From the links on the right side you can find English webpages of our projects.
The profile areas guide the activity of RDI. They are also linked with the faculties.
- New processes for the food industry
- ICT solutions for food and agriculture
- Bioenergy solutions for farms in a low-carbon society
- Safety in the food chain
- Green care and tourism as a side activity of farms
Smart and Energy Efficient Systems
- Increasing competitiveness, productivity and renewal in manufacturing and building industries
- Agile industry: promotion of the utilization of digital manufacturing and industrial internet
- Construction of wooden buildings and use of wood in renovation as well as digitalization of construction processes
Welfare and Creativity
- Quality and well-being in working life, including management development
- Proactive and empowering services for elderly people and families
- More well-being from cultural services
- Digitalization in health care and social services
Entrepreneurship and Growth
- Business transfers
- Growth entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial intentions and student entrepreneurship
- Strategic business development
- Development of entrepreneurship ecosystems