Advice and study opportunities for Ukrainians
В звїязку з гуманітарною кризою в Україні SeaMK пропонує послуги та можливості навчання для українців. Фінська система вищої освіти складається з університетів та інститутів прикладних наук. Інститути прикладних наук пропонують профессійну вищу освіту на рівні бакалаврату та магістрату та тісно пов’язані з трудовим життям та регіональним розвитком.
Information about studying at SeAMK
In response to the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Ukraine, SeAMK offers free study opportunities for Ukrainians. The Finnish higher education system consists of universities and universities of applied sciences. Universities of applied sciences offer professionally oriented higher education on bachelor’s (level 6) and master’s level (level 7) and have strong ties with working life and regional development. More information about universities of applied sciences can be found on uas.info.fi. More information about the level of studies can be found here at the website of the Finnish National Agency of Education.
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences (SeAMK) is awarded as the best university of applied sciences in Finland in the 2021 results of the nationwide graduation feedback survey (AVOP). According to the graduates of a bachelor’s degree, SeAMK is the best place to study. In addition, SeAMK has the best study satisfaction, the best study support services, the best learning environments as well as the best feedback and assessment practices and working life connections. SeAMK has also been awarded a national Quality Label for Excellence of higher education institutions.
We wish to welcome you to join our SeAMK-community!
SeAMK offers studies from multiple different subjects. The studies are conducted in English and are free of charge for Ukrainians. Registration for the studies is done by an E-form at StudyInfo.fi. On the E-form you are asked to fill out your personal information and attach a copy of the decision of the granted temporary protection and either of the following documents: the document that you have received from the Finnish police when you applied for temporary protection or asylum OR a copy of your residence permit card. You can register for multiple studies by using one E-form by filling out all the names of the study options you wish to take part in.
If you have any questions concerning registration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The studies can be implemented in varied ways. Please read the study descriptions carefully.
Studies starting in Autumn 2022:
- Databases, 3 ECTS credits
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS credits
- Forest based food products, 5 ECTS credits
- Empowering Social Work, 4 ECTS credits
- Ethicality in Nursing, 2 ECTS credits
- Differential and Integral Calculus, 3 ECTS credits
- Logistics, 5 ECTS credits
- Facilitating Activity-Based Groups, 4 ECTS credits
- Introduction to Welfare Society, 3 ECTS credits
- Knowledge Management, 3 ECTS credits
- Multiple use of forest, 5 ECTS credits
- Professional English language, 2 ECTS credits
- Sensor Technology, 3 ECTS credits
- Industrial Development, 3 ECTS credits
- Basics of Clinical Nursing, 2 ECTS credits
- Business in North America, 3 ECTS credits
- Assessing Patient’s Vital Functions, 2 ECTS credits
- Communication and Media in Social Work, 4 ECTS credits
- Business in Latin America, 3 ECTS credits
- Evidence-Based Nursing and Information Searching, 2 ECTS credits
- Health and Social Services in Finland, 3 ECTS credits
- Introduction to Social Work Studies in Finland, 3 ECTS credits
- Introduction to Industrial Automation, 4 ECTS credits
- Functions of the Human Body, 4 ECTS credits
- Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS credits
- Sustainable development and global health, 2 ECTS credits
- Sport Business and Law, 5 ECTS credits
- Wave Motion and Modern Physics, 3 ECTS credits
Studies starting in Spring 2023:
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS credits
- Measuring Technology and Instrumentation, 3 ECTS credits
- Automation Technology Mathematics, 4 ECTS credits
- Data structures and algorithms, 4 ECTS credits
SeAMK has the right to make changes concerning the study options. Follow this website for possible changes.
Cancellation policy of SeAMK Open UAS
Registration for an individual course ends one week before the first day of contact teaching or the start date of the online implementation. Cancellation must be made no later than the last day of registration. Cancellation can be made by email email@example.com.
If you have any further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other study options at SeAMK Open UAS
Information on applying to a degree programme
SeAMK University of Applied Sciences offers bachelor and master degree programmes in English and in Finnish. Read more by following the links below: