This page contains information for students admitted in Joint application. If you have been admitted in SeAMK Direct application please see instructions by following the link below.
Announcement of the results
In the “Joint application to higher education spring 2021” for study programmes offered in English, the admission results can be published at different times, but no later than by 4 June 2021. As you do not need to set your study options in order of preference in the spring joint application for study programmes offered in English, you can be accepted to several study programmes in the same application. You may receive the results for some study programmes before the results of other study programmes have been published. Remember that you can confirm to accept only one study place in studies starting in autumn academic term 2021.
SeAMK will also send an email to admitted students. If you can access My Studyinfo -service, you can follow the updates of your results there. You can always contact admissions(at)seamk.fi to ask about your results.
Further information at Studyinfo.fi on Admission results of joint application
Confirmation to accept the study place
In the joint application admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place by 16 July 2021, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest. You will lose the study place if you do not accept it by the deadline. Confirmation of the study place is binding and cannot be altered or cancelled. You can confirm the study place electronically. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email.
Please note that you can accept only one study place in studies, that begin in the same academic term (1.8.-31.12. or 1.1.-31.7.) and lead to a higher education degree in Finland. When you accept the study place you can no longer be considered as a first-time applicant.
You can find further information on confirming a study place at Studyinfo: Information on confirming a study place
Tuition fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA citizens are charged tuition fees. Students admitted in 2020 or later will be charged the following tuition fees at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 7000 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
Please note, that students also need to pay for their own living costs. When applying for a residence permit in Finland, non-EU/EEA citizens need to demonstrate that they have 6720 € for one year at their disposal – in addition to the tuition fee. This is 560 € per month. However, the true cost of living can be higher.
Scholarships for first year degree students
At SeAMK all first year degree students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be automatically granted a scholarship, which covers 30% of the tuition fee.
Registering for the academic year
When you accept the study place, you also need to register for the academic year 2021-2022 as an attending or non-attending student.
If you are required to pay the tuition fee: Please note, that registration for the academic year is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. If you don’t pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your right to study.
- Automation Engineering and International Business -students: Please note, that by paying the tuition fee and registering for attendance, you automatically register for online studies. Owing to the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, it can be difficult to arrive in Finland by the time studies start. Online studies are offered during the first academic year, until you arrive on campus.
If you are not required to pay the tuition fee: Register for the academic year at the same time when accepting the study place. If you don’t register as instructed, you will lose your your right to study.
If you lose your right to study, you still keep your study place. In that case you can apply for re-registration to get back your right to study. You need to pay the application processing fee 50 € (and the tuition fee if you are required to pay) when applying for re-registration.
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
– completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
– maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
– if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. If you are admitted in joint application, documents proving the legal grounds for your absence must be submitted to SeAMK by 16 July 2021, 15.00 (GMT +3) at the latest. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela’s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
Please send the documents here.
Information for New Degree Students
Information for students admitted in Joint Application spring 2021
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you can do a written request for rectification by 18 June 2021, 15.00 (+3 GMT). Please contact SeAMK Admission Services first.
Seinäjoki University of
P.O. Box 412
Frami F, 2nd floor