This page contains information for students admitted in Joint application. If you have been admitted in SeAMK Direct application for International Business please see instructions by following the link below.
Announcement of the results
In the “Joint application to higher education spring 2020” for study programmes offered in English, the admission results can be published at different times, but no later than by 5 June 2020. As you do not need to set your study options in order of preference in the spring joint application for study programmes offered in English, you can be accepted to several study programmes in the same application. You may receive the results for some study programmes before the results of other study programmes have been published. Remember that you can confirm to accept only one study place in studies starting in autumn academic term 2020.
SeAMK will also send an email to admitted students. If you can access My Studyinfo -service, you can follow the updates of your results there. You can always contact admissions(at)seamk.fi to ask about your results.
Further information at Studyinfo.fi on Admission results of joint application
Feedback on the entrance examination
You can ask feedback on the entrance examinations from:
– Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business from Anne-Maria Aho, email: anne-maria.aho(at)seamk.fi, tel. +358 40 830 4173 on 10 June 2020 at 12-14 (+ 3 GMT).
– Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing from Marjut Asunmaa, email: marjut.asunmaa(at)seamk.fi, tel. +358 40 680 7117 on 10 June 2020 at 10-14 and on 11 June 2020 at 10-12 (+3 GMT).
– Master of Business Administration, International Business Management from Anne-Maria Aho, email: anne-maria.aho(at)seamk.fi, tel. +358 40 830 4173 on 6 April 2020, 9-12 (+3 GMT).
Confirmation to accept the study place
Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place by 17 July 2020, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest. (Please note, that a new deadline has been given due to the COVID-19 situation, original deadline was 10.7.2020.) You will lose the study place if you do not accept it by the deadline. Confirmation of the study place is binding and cannot be altered or cancelled. You can confirm the study place electronically. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email.
Please note that you can accept only one study place in studies, that begin in the same academic term (1.8.-31.12. or 1.1.-31.7.) and lead to a higher education degree in Finland. When you accept the study place you can no longer be considered as a first-time applicant.
You can find further information on confirming a study place at Studyinfo: Information on confirming a study place
Tuition fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA citizens are charged tuition fees. Students admitted in 2020 or later will be charged the following tuition fees at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 7000 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
Please note, that students also need to pay for their own living costs. When applying for a residence permit in Finland, non-EU/EEA citizens need to demonstrate that they have 6720 € for one year at their disposal – in addition to the tuition fee. This is 560 € per month. However, the true cost of living can be higher.
Scholarships for first year degree students
At SeAMK all first year degree students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be automatically granted a scholarship, which covers 30% of the tuition fee.
Registering for the academic year
When you accept the study place, you also need to register for the academic year 2020-2021 as an attending or non-attending student.
- If you are required to pay the tuition fee: Please note, that registration for the academic year is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. If you don’t pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your right to study.
- If you are not required to pay the tuition fee: Register for the academic year at the same time when accepting the study place. If you don’t register as instructed, you will lose your your right to study.
If you lose your right to study, you still keep your study place. In that case you can apply for re-registration to get back your right to study. You need to pay the application processing fee 50 € (and the tuition fee if you are required to pay) when applying for re-registration.
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
– completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
– maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
– if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence must be submitted electronically at www.seamk.fi/documents by 22 July 2020, 15.00 at the latest. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela’s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
Submitting copies of the certificates
Students admitted to the following degree programmes DO NOT need to send copies of school certificates after the admission results have been published or bring originals when the studies start:
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
- Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing
Master Degree Students:
This information below concerns only students admitted to the Master Degree Programme in Business Administration, International Business Management.
- The certificates that have had impact on the selection will be checked. The study place can be cancelled if you have given incorrect information when applying or if you don’t provide the certificates. The admission is conditional until the certificates are checked.
- You need to send copies of your higher education degree certificate and testimonials of work experience by 22 July 2020, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest to SeAMK Admission Services. Provide the documents with an electronic form at seamk.fi/documents.
- The student admission is conditional until the copies of the certificates have been checked. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide his/her certificates by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process.
Information for New Degree Students
Information for students admitted in Joint Application spring 2020
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you can do a written request for rectification by 19 June 2020, 15.00 (+3 GMT). Please contact SeAMK Admission Services first.
Seinäjoki University of
P.O. Box 412
Frami F, 2nd floor