This page contains information for students admitted in Joint application. If you have been admitted in SeAMK Direct application for International Business please see instructions by following the link below.
Announcement of the results
The final admission results of all applicants in joint application will be published on 28 June 2019 at the latest. SeAMK will send an email to admitted students before 28 June if:
- they have been accepted to SeAMK as their highest preference,
- they have been accepted to SeAMK and they cannot be accepted to higher preferences
You can follow the updates of your results at My Studyinfo -service. You can also contact admissions(at)seamk.fi to ask about your results.
SeAMK does not use a waiting list / reserve place -system in the joint application of spring 2019 after 28 June 2019.
Further information at Studyinfo.fi on Admission results of joint application
Feedback on the entrance examination
You can ask feedback on the entrance examinations from:
– Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business: on 1 July 2019 at 10-12 (+3 GMT) from Päivö Laine, email: paivo.laine(at)seamk.fi, tel. +358408304175
– Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing: on 1 July 2019 at 10-12 (+3 GMT) from Raija Palo, email: raija.palo(at)seamk.fi
Confirmation to accept the study place
Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place by 8 July 2019, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest. You will lose the study place if you do not accept it by the deadline. Confirmation of the study place is binding and cannot be altered or cancelled. You can confirm the study place electronically. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email.
Please note that you can accept only one study place in the “Joint application to higher education spring 2019” or direct degree applications / separate applications to Universities or Universities of Applied Sciences. When you accept the study place you can no longer be considered as a first-time applicant.
Registering for the academic year
When you accept the study place, you also need to register for the academic year 2019-2020 as an attending or non-attending student.
- If you are required to pay the tuition fee: Please note, that registration for the academic year is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. If you don’t pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
- If you are not required to pay the tuition fee: Register for the academic year at the same time when accepting the study place. If you don’t register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
If the student needs to apply for the restitution of the study entitlement, the application fee is 50 Euros (A1440/2014, 3 §).
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
– completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
– maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
– if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence should be submitted to the SeAMK Admission Services by 8 July 2019, 15.00 at the latest. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
1. service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
2. maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela’s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
3. the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification.
Submitting copies of the certificates
The certificates that have had impact on the selection will be checked. The study place can be cancelled if you have given incorrect information when applying or if you don’t provide the certificates. Universities of applied sciences check also the original educational certificates. The admission is conditional until the certificates are checked.
1. You need to send copies of your certificates by 8 July 2019, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest to SeAMK Admission Services. If you have attached your certificates to the application form already, you do not need to send them again. We will contact those who need to send their certificates. Provide the documents with an electronic form at seamk.fi/documents.
2. If you have registered for attendance, you need to provide your original certificates on the first day of studies. The certificates will be given back to you after the checking.
The student admission is conditional until the copies of the certificates and the original certificates have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide his/her certificates by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you can do a written request for rectification by 12 July 2019, 15.00 (+3 GMT). Please contact SeAMK Admission Services first.
Seinäjoki University of
P.O. Box 412
Frami F, 2nd floor