Application based on admission courseApplication period on 26 February–8 March 2024
About the application based on admission course
You can apply to Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing multimodal studies at SeAMK in the application based on admission course. SeAMK application period based on admission course is organised at Studyinfo.fi website. Application time starts on 26 February and ends on 8 March at 15.00 Finnish time (UTC+2).
All the eligible applicants will be invited to take part in the admission course. The invitation will be sent by email on 28 March. The admission course will be organised in SeAMK’s online teaching platform (Moodle). The admission course is carried out independently according to the given schedule and instructions. Admission will be based on the result of the admission course and Finnish and English language skill requirements.
Time to complete the admission course starts on 4 April and ends on 23 April 2024.
Read carefully the admission criteria below. More detailed admission criteria has published at Studyinfo.fi-service.
Eligible applicants for Application based on admission course have completed at least one of the following:
- the studies required for graduating from the Finnish upper secondary school or a Matriculation Examination
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) degree;
- a European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma;
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) degree;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification covering 120 credits or 180 competence points or a corresponding earlier Finnish vocational degree covering at least 80 credits;
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma;
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification or a further or specialist vocational qualification as a competence-based qualification, or a corresponding previous qualification;
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in that country;
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree, postgraduate licentiate and doctoral degrees.
The degree which grants eligibility for the applicant must be completed by 8 March 2024.
Finnish and English language skill requirements
When applying to SeAMK Bachelor Degree Programme in Nursing you must have at least skills level A2 in Finnish language: Self-assessment grid – Table 2 (CEFR 3.3) : Common Reference levels (coe.int) Sufficient English language skills are also required for degree programmes conducted in English.
Finnish language skills will be tested as follows: Written language skills will be tested as a separate part of the admission course. Oral language skills will be tested in an interview. All the eligible applicants will be invited to the interview. The interview will be evaluated pass or fail.
Those who have uploaded a certain document and whose documents have been accepted to be verifying their Finnish language skills, do not have to verify their oral Finnish language skills in an interview. English language skills will be tested as a part of the admission course.
For further information on the required documents, please read the admission criteria at studyinfo.fi
Requirements on health and functional capacity
The so-called SORA legislation applies to education leading to a UAS degree in the fields of social services and health care. These fields have requirements concerning the safety of minors, patient and client safety or traffic safety which restrict student admission. In these fields, it is required that health and functional capacity of approved applicants are such that they are able to take part in the practical assignments or training relating to studies.
Familiarize yourself with the field-specific requirements on health and functional capacity before submitting your application www.UASinfo.fi..
Admission results and required documents
Admission results will be published 17.5.2024 at My Studyinfo service. Also an email will be sent to all applicants. Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place, register as a student by 11.7.2024, 15.00 at the latest. If you don’t accept the study place by the designated deadline, you will lose it. When you accept the study place, you also need to register for the academic year 2024-2025 for attendance or non-attendance.
Please note that a first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
- completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
- maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
- if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register for non-attendance, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence must be submitted to the SeAMK Admission Services by 11.7.2024, 15.00 at the latest. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela’s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies.
One study place per term provision
According to this provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. The academic term is either autumn term 1 August–31 December OR spring term 1 January–31 July. Further information about one study place per term provision on Studyinfo website.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA citizens are charged tuition fees as follows:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 9500 € per academic year
There is an early-bird scholarship for the first year students at SeAMK. Early-bird scholarship will concern students admitted in 2024. Early-bird scholarship is 10 % of the tuition fee. Early-bird scholarship in a Bachelor degree programme is 950 € in the first academic year.
The early-bird scholarship is available for the students, who will:
- accept the study place offered by SeAMK within 7 days of notice of admission and
- pay the tuition fee within 28 days of notice of admission and
- register as an attending student for the first academic year.
You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned on the webpage seamk.fi/tuitionfees.
Request for rectification
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, please see the admission criteria of the specific study option at SeAMK first. After this, contact SeAMK Admission Services. If the matter is not solved, you can do a written request for rectification regarding the decision on student admission. Any such request must make clear the grounds for the request. The request must include personal details and contact information of the applicant. Supporting documents, if any, must be attached to the request. The request for rectification regarding student admission of a study option at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences must be submitted by 31.5.2024, 15.00 at the latest. The request and its attachments must be sent to email@example.com or to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Tutkintolautakunta, P.O. Box 412, 60101 Seinäjoki. Please note, that SeAMK is not responsible for any delays or mistakes on the part of mail or email service providers or the applicant.