Application with Open UAS Studies Next application period will be held in 31.10.-11.11.2022
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business, full-time studies
- Master of Business Administration, International Business Management
Eligibility for a bachelor programme
You are eligible to apply, if you have at least 45 bachelor-level ECTS credits completed in Open UAS (avoin AMK) in a university of applied sciences in Finland.
Only studies with a passing grade that are suitable to the degree programme one is applying to, are taken into consideration. Studies completed as a degree student, in specialisation studies, in open university or outside Finland will not be accepted.
For further information, please follow the links above to Studyinfo-website.
Student admission is conditional
The student admission is conditional until the information given on the application form and the transcript of records of applicants have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant has not completed the required number of study credits within the stipulated time or the applicant has given false information in the application process.
Eligibility for a master programme
You can apply for the Master Degree Programme
if you have:
- The required ECTS credits and
- Higher education degree and
- Required work experience
Required ECTS Credits
You need to have at least 15 master-level ECTS credits completed in Open UAS in a university of applied sciences in Finland. Only studies with a passing grade that are suitable to the degree programme one is applying to, are taken into consideration. Studies completed as a degree student, in specialisation studies, in open university or outside Finland will not be accepted.
Required Higher Education Degree
You also need to have a higher education degree completed in Finland or outside Finland.
Required Work Experience
You need to have at least two years (24 months) of certain work experience after completing the higher education degree:
- If you have a higher education degree completed outside Finland, the work experience needs to be in the field of business and administration.
- If you have a higher education degree completed in Finland, the work experience can be from the same field as the completed degree or from the field of business and administration. Applicants who have completed “opisto- tai ammatillisen korkea-asteen tutkinto” in Finland before the completion of their higher education degree, may also take into account the work experience gained before the higher education degree.
More information about eligibility, admission criteria etc on Studyinfo.fi website.
Student admission is conditional
The student admission is conditional until the information given on the application form and the required documents have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide the documents by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process. Admission can be withdrawn also after the studies have begun.
Admission results and required documents
Admission results will be published on 8th of December 2022 at My Studyinfo service. Also an email will be sent to all applicants. Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place, register as a student and add documents required from the admitted students to the application form by 31st of December 2022, 15.00 at the latest.
One study place per term provision
According to this provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. The academic term is either autumn term 1 August–31 December OR spring term 1 January–31 July. Further information about one study place per term provision on Studyinfo website.
Request for rectification
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, please see the admission criteria of the specific study option at SeAMK first. After this, contact SeAMK Admission Services. If the matter is not solved, you can do a written request for rectification regarding the decision on student admission. Any such request must make clear the grounds for the request. The request must include personal details and contact information of the applicant. Supporting documents, if any, must be attached to the request. The request for rectification regarding student admission of a study option at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences must be submitted by 22nd of December 2022, 15.00 at the latest. The request and its attachments must be sent to email@example.com or to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Tutkintolautakunta, P.O. Box 412, 60101 Seinäjoki. Please note, that SeAMK is not responsible for any delays or mistakes on the part of mail or email service providers or the applicant.
Tuition Fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA citizens are charged tuition fees as follows:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 7000 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
There is an Early Bird scholarship for the first year degree students at SeAMK. Early Bird scholarship is 30 % of the tuition fee and scholarship is available for the students, who will:
- accept the study place offered by SeAMK within 7 days of notice of admission and
- pay the tuition fee within 35 days of notice of admission and
- register as an attending student for the first academic year.
Who is exempted from paying the tuition fee?
Tuition fee is applicable to degree students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned below:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland*
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, type A permit, granted on other grounds than studies
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, type P permit
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- EU Blue Card in Finland
- Brexit residence permit card, Type SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement
- Proof from the Finnish Immigration Service that you have registered, or applied to register, your EU right to residence in Finland (UK-citizens)
*Citizens of Finland do not need to provide a copy of their passport/ID.
To be exempted from paying the tuition fee for the spring semester 2023, the document must be valid on 1 January 2023. The document mentioned above needs to be delivered on 31 December at the latest.