Application with Open UAS Studies Application period 2–13 May 2022
Information on eligibility (who may apply), admission criteria and the application form can be found on Studyinfo website (see “Seperate Application”):
- Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business
- Bachelor of Engineering, Automation Engineering
- Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing
- Master Degree Programme in International Business Management
Eligibility for a bachelor programme
You are eligible to apply, if you have at least 45 bachelor-level ECTS credits completed in Open UAS (avoin AMK) in a university of applied sciences in Finland.
Only studies with a passing grade that are suitable to the degree programme one is applying to, are taken into consideration. Studies completed as a degree student, in specialisation studies, in open university or outside Finland will not be accepted.
For further information, please follow the links above to Studyinfo-website.
Student admission is conditional
The student admission is conditional until the information given on the application form and the transcript of records have been checked. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant has not completed the required number of study credits within the stipulated time or the applicant has given false information in the application process.
Eligibility for a master programme
You can apply for the Master Degree Programme in International Business Management
if you have:
- the required ECTS credits and
- higher education degree and
- certain work experience.
Required ECTS Credits
You need to have at least 15 master-level ECTS credits completed in Open UAS in a university of applied sciences in Finland. Only studies with a passing grade that are suitable to the degree programme one is applying to, are taken into consideration. Studies completed as a degree student, in specialisation studies, in open university or outside Finland will not be accepted.
Required Higher Education Degree
You also need to have a higher education degree completed in Finland or outside Finland.
Required Work Experience
You need to have at least two years (24 months) of certain work experience after completing the higher education degree:
- If you have a higher education degree completed outside Finland, the work experience needs to be in the field of business and administration.
- If you have a higher education degree completed in Finland, the work experience can be from the same field as the completed degree or from the field of business and administration. Applicants who have completed “opisto- tai ammatillisen korkea-asteen tutkinto” in Finland before the completion of their higher education degree, may also take into account the work experience gained before the higher education degree.
More information about eligibility, admission criteria etc on Studyinfo.fi website.
Student admission is conditional
The student admission is conditional until the information given on the application form and the required documents are checked. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide the documents by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process. Admission can be withdrawn also after the studies have begun.
Admission results and required documents
Admission results will be published on 14 June 2022 at My Studyinfo service. Also an email will be sent to all applicants. Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place, register as a student and add documents required from the admitted students to the application form by 31 July 2022, 15.00 at the latest.
One study place per term provision
According to this provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. The academic term is either autumn term 1 August–31 December OR spring term 1 January–31 July. Further information about one study place per term provision on Studyinfo website.
Request for rectification
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, please see the admission criteria of the specific study option at SeAMK first. After this, contact SeAMK Admission Services. If the matter is not solved, you can do a written request for rectification regarding the decision on student admission. Any such request must make clear the grounds for the request. The request must include personal details and contact information of the applicant. Supporting documents, if any, must be attached to the request. The request for rectification regarding student admission of a study option at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences must be submitted by 28 June 2022, 15.00 at the latest. The request and its attachments must be sent to email@example.com or to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Tutkintolautakunta, P.O. Box 412, 60101 Seinäjoki. Please note, that SeAMK is not responsible for any delays or mistakes on the part of mail or email service providers or the applicant.
Tuition Fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA citizens are charged tuition fees as follows:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 7000 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
There is an Early Bird scholarship for the first year degree students at SeAMK. Early Bird scholarship is 30 % of the tuition fee and scholarship is available for the students, who will:
- accept the study place offered by SeAMK within 7 days of notice of admission and
- pay the tuition fee within 35 days of notice of admission and
- register as an attending student for the first academic year.
Please see the webpage seamk.fi/tuitionfees to learn about:
- the scholarship scheme after the first year and
- how one can be exempted from paying tuition fees