Professional Studies in Social Work
Professional Studies in Social Work is a Bachelor-level exchange programme offered by Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. The programme is offered in English language. The programme can accept ten exchange students.
What is the programme all about?
During the autumn semester, the programme’s theme is ‘Empowerment in Social Work’, which concentrates on one of the main issues of social work. What does the concept of empowerment really mean in the context of social work? How do different ideas on producing welfare influence the goals and methods of social work? How can we promote change in our own thinking and in the lives of the clients? By participating this programme you can get answers and formulate new questions with a group of foreign and Finnish students.
The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences and have at least one year of previous studies in the field. The English language skills of students should be approximately on level B2 on the European language scale.
One semester of full-time studies normally includes about 30 ECTS credits worth of courses for each student. For an applicant to get the most out of this program, it is recommended that they select all of the courses offered by the exchange programme. The programme is designed for the applicants to experience a variety of courses that support each other perfectly and to encourage the students to grow as a team.
Autumn semester 2023
4 Sep - 15 Dec 2023
EMPOWERMENT IN SOCIAL WORK, in total 32 ECTS
- BE00BT36 Introduction to Social Work Studies in Finland, 3 ECTS
- SOSEM20 Introduction to Welfare Society, 3 ECTS
- SOSEM30 Empowering Social Work, 4 ECTS
- SOSEM40 Facilitating Activity-Based Groups, 4 ECTS
- SOSEM50 Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS
- SOSEM60 Communication and Media in Social Work, 4 ECTS
- SOSEM70 Practical Training: Methods of Empowerment in Social Work, 10 ECTS
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS