Professional Studies in Social Work
Professional Studies in Social Work / Empowerment in Social Work is an exchange programme for students offered by the School of Health Care and Social Work of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
What is the programme all about?
Welcome to study in English a module concentrating in one of the main issues of social work. What does the concept of empowerment really mean in the context of social work? How do the different ideas on producing welfare influence in the goals and methods of social work? How can we promote change in our own thinking and in the live of clients? By participating in this module you can get answers and formulate new questions with a group of foreign and Finnish students.
The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. The students chosen to the module should have studied social work or applied gerontology for at least one year in their home university or university of applied sciences. The applicants should have sufficient competence in English language.
Spring semester 2020
Option 1: Professional Studies in Applied Gerontology/ Empowerment and Wellbeing of Older Adults, total 30 ECTS
- BC00BT39 Finnish Society and Social Policy, 3 ECTS
- BX00BE20 How to Recognize a Grey Panther? Working together for Meaningful Ageing, 5 ECTS
- BC00BT41 Ethics in Elderly Care, 4 ECTS
- BC00BT42 Rehabilitative Care of People with Memory Disorders, 5 ECTS
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- SOSEM50 Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS
- BC00BT43 Practical Training: Preventive and Empowering Work with Elderly People, 6 ECTS
Option 2: Social Work: 17-20 credits available in total:
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- How to recognize a grey panther? Working together for meaningful ageing, 5 ECTS
- Practical Training, 9-12 ECTS
Autumn semester 2019
Empowerment in Social Work, 32 cr
AUTUMN 2019: 2.9.-13.12.2019
BE00BT36 Introduction to Social Work Studies in Finland, 3 ECTS
SOSEM20 Introduction to Welfare Society, 3 ECTS
SOSEM30 Empowering Social Work, 4 ECTS
SOSEM40 Facilitating Activity-Based Groups, 4 ECTS
SOSEM50 Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS
SOSEM60 Communication and Media in Social Work, 4 ECTS
SOSEM70 Practical Training: Methods of Empowerment in Social Work, 10 ECTS