Professional Studies in Nursing
What is the programme all about?
Sneak Peek of Finnish Nursing Education include theoretical studies in nursing.
Some courses are conducted in multi-professional groups and also with other exchange students from various fields of studies.
Nursing programme doesn’t offer practical placements in hospital settings.
Applicants should be students of the partner universities of SeAMK. To be admitted to the programme, students should have completed at least one year of relevant studies at their home university or university of applied sciences, and have sufficient skills in English language to use it as a language of study.
Autumn semester 2021
- IE00CZ13 Countdown to Finnish Nursing 2 ECTS
- BA00CO80 Evidence-Based Nursing and Information Searching 2 ECTS
- BA00CO70 Ethicality in Nursing 2 ECTS
- BA00CO98 Health and Social Services in Finland 2 ECTS
- BA00CO92 Sustainable Development and Global Health 2 ECTS
- BA00CP02 Wellbeing Technologies in Health and Social Services 2 ECTS
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture 3 ECTS
Please note that SeAMK doesn’t offer practical training in hospital or health care settings.
Spring semester 2022
21 February 2022 - 25 May 2022
- IE00CZ13 Countdown to Finnish Nursing 2 ECTS (Mandatory course for exchange students, organized online, student can complete this independently 23.2.-20.3.2022.)
- BA00CW45 Pre-Hospital Emergency Care, 2 ECTS (Organized online, student can complete this independently any time before Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Simulations.)
- BA00CW46 Pre-Hospital Emergency Care – Simulations, 3 ECTS (Organised 14.3.-14.4.2022. The Pre-Hospital Emergency Care online course is mandatory to complete before this simulation.)
- BA00CU05 Perioperative Nursing, 2 ECTS (Organized online, student can complete this independently any time before Perioperative Nursing Simulations.)
- BA00CW08 Perioperative Nursing – Simulations, 3 ECTS (Organised 19.4.2022-25.5.2022. The Perioperative Nursing online course is mandatory to complete before this simulation.)
- BA00CW40 Human Errors in Nursing – Viewpoints on Patient Safety, 2 ECTS (Organized online, student can complete this independently any time until 19.3.2022.)
- BA00CP24 Gerontological Nursing, 3 ECTS
- BA00CU04 Palliative and End of Life Care, 2 ECTS
- BA00CU03 Infectious Diseases and Vaccination Skills, 2 ECTS
- BA00CO68 Professional Interaction and Clinical Skills – Simulations, 3 ECTS
- BA00CO90 Clinical Training Promoting Health Individually and Globally, 4 ECTS (Living Lab training environment)
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
Please note that SeAMK doesn’t currently offer practical training in hospital or health care settings in the exchange programme. For this reason, the nursing simulations are an integral part of the exchange studies.