Professional Studies in Applied Gerontology
Professional Studies in Applied Gerontology / Empowerment and Wellbeing of Older adults is an exchange programme for students in the field of applied gerontology, social work, physiotherapy and nursing.
Programme is offered by the School of Health Care and Social Work of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
What is the Programme all about?
Welcome to the exchange programme in applied gerontology and elderly care!
Professional studies in the programme include theoretical studies and practical training in the field. Some courses are conducted in multiprofessional groups and also with other exchange students from various fields of studies.
- The applicants should be students enrolled at a partner university of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
- At least one year of prior studies in the field of applied gerontology, nursing, social work or physiotherapy.
- Sufficient English language skills to actively participate in the courses and practical training (minimum B2 on European language level).
Autumn semester 2020
Not available in autumn semester 2020.
Studies available in English: 15-32 ECTS
- Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- Finnish Society and Social Policy, 3 ECTS
- Practical Training, 9–12 ECTS
During autumn semester, it is also possible to take part in the programme Professional Studies in Social Work / Empowerment in Social Work (32 ECTS).
Spring semester 2021
22 Feb - 28 May 2021
Professional Studies in Applied Gerontology / Empowerment and Wellbeing of Older Adults, 30 ECTS
- BC00BT39 Finnish Society and Social Policy, 3 ECTS
- BX00BE20 How to Recognize a Grey Panther? Working together for Meaningful Ageing, 5 ECTS
- BC00BT41 Ethics in Elderly Care, 4 ECTS
- BC00BT42 Rehabilitative Care of People with Memory Disorders, 5 ECTS
- KD06APSU012 Finnish Language and Culture, 3 ECTS
- SOSEM50 Use of Pictures in Group Activities, 4 ECTS
- BC00BT43 Practical Training: Preventive and Empowering Work with Elderly People, 6 ECTS