Double Degree Programmes
Interested in an international career? Study to earn an international Double Degree.
What is a double degree?
An International double degree (DD) is a growing trend in the higher level education. Currently, students in business, international trade and automation technology have an opportunity to achieve a double degree. By taking two degrees in two different European countries you can strengthen your competitive advantage in your future career.
Teaching in exchange schools is usually in English but it is recommended that you have basic language skills and understanding of the exchange countries language. Finally, you will be working on a joint thesis that will be reviewed by both colleges.
Currently there are 18 universities cooperating with SeAMK, so you will be able to get two degrees of professional experience besides international experience. The following countries in cooperation with SeAMK university are: Bulgaria, Spain, China, Lithuania, Germany, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Hungary and Russia.
Double Degree studies provide the opportunity to
- Integrate two degree programmes in two countries
- Spend a well-organised study period abroad
- Gain valuable practical experience abroad
- Learn about international business/engineering from different viewpoints
- Become familiar with the language and culture of the host country
- Develop you skills in professional English
How to Apply?
Applying for double degree studies is always based on a specific double degree agreement between SeAMK and its partner university/university of applied sciences.
- You are a registered student in a double degree partner university of SeAMK, or at SeAMK.
- You are willing to spend at least one year of your studies abroad
- Your study plan is approved by your faculty
Contact the International Coordinator/International Office at your home institution and get the permission to apply for double degree studies at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
The home institution of each student will nominate their double degree candidates to SeAMK one month before the application time by email to incoming(a)seamk.fi. Nomination should include student’s first name, last name, gender, date of birth, email address and field of study.
Complete your application:
- After nomination, student will get information to her/his email on how to apply through SoleMove system. Please follow the instructions.
- Fill in the Application Form in SoleMove. In the field titled ‘Semester’, please remember to choose ‘Double degree academic year 2019-2020’. Student needs to download Learning Agreement (LA) for Studies (verified according to the double degree requirements of the sending university), Transcript of Records in English and a photo.
- Submit your application in SoleMove before 15th of May for studies starting in the autumn semester.
Questions? Send email to incoming(a)seamk.fi
Double Degree Programmes in SeAMK
SeAMK offers students an opportunity to participate in a double degree programme in the following degree programmes:
- International Business
- Business Management
- SME Business Management
- Automation Engineering
- Information Technology
Double Degree studies in Business / International Business
Contents of studies
- Approximately 60 ECTS of your courses are studied abroad
- Practical training / internship conducted internationally
- Bachelor thesis written in English
- Maturity test in English
The Double Degree programme requires a student to study one academic year at the Double Degree partner university of applied sciences. The structure of curricula and teaching contents have been compared between the two institutions and academic achievements from abroad will be acknowledged by the home institution. The courses to be completed are defined in a personal study plan (learning agreement). Also the practical training of five months shall be done internationally. The Bachelor thesis has to be written in English under supervision of academic staff from both the home and host institution.
Graduates of the programme get their Bachelor diploma from both partner institutions. This shows the future employers that they have gone through a truly international education and thus have acquired both professional expertise and intercultural competence – the two key qualifications of future employees working in a globalised world.
Double Degree Studies in Engineering
The first year of studies includes basic and professional studies at the home university of applied sciences.
The second year the students of Aschaffenburg study at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland. The study topics include for example electronics, programming of control and automation systems as well as laboratory and project works and the studies are conducted in English language. Studies start in September and include Finnish language and culture preparation for the German students.
The third year the students of Seinäjoki study at Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany. The study topics include for example measurement technology, computer science, technical systems technology and innovation management and the studies are conducted in English language. Studies start in September and include German language and culture preparation for the Finnish students.
The rest of the studies include practical training, a thesis and courses at the home institution according to a study plan. Practical training can be done either in the student’s home country or abroad. If the practical training period is conducted in Seinäjoki region or in Metropol Region Rhein-Main, the student will get assistance to find a suitable training place. The thesis work is supervised by a lecturer from both Aschaffenburg UAS and SeAMK.