Information for immigrants about studying at SeAMK
Have you moved to Finland from abroad? Are you a foreign student? Or perhaps an international employee or a job-seeking professional?
Read more about studying for immigrants at the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences - SeAMK!
What is the goal?
- You can find a study place or a degree programme at a Finnish university.
- You will find job opportunities.
- Your own skills and profession are taken into account in your studies and working life.
- You will settle in Finland.
What are the benefits of a university of applied sciences degree?
- Has a positive effect on success in the labour market, e.g. higher earnings and better employment.
Studying at SeAMK
At SeAMK, you can study either in Finnish or English for an entire degree or supplement your skills. You can find information about the available education in Finnish on the Hakijalle page and in English on the Study with Us page.
If you have previously completed studies in your home country or elsewhere, it is possible to count them as part of the SeAMK degree through the recognition of competencies.
Studying in SeAMK’s English-language degree programmes offers an opportunity to develop your Finnish language skills. As part of your studies, you complete several Finnish language courses. Learning is also supported through many external support functions of the study programme, such as Learning Cafe.
When studying for a degree at SeAMK, you get expert study and career counselling. If you are interested in studying at SeAMK, please contact us and book a personal counselling time at the email address talentboost(a)seamk.fi
More information on the comparability and recognition of qualifications from different countries
- Valvira: Recognition of professional qualifications
- Finnish National Agency for Education: Recognition and international comparability of qualifications
- Finnish National Agency for Education: Regulated professions in Finland
Talent Hub South Ostrobothnia
Talent Hub South Ostrobothnia is a cooperation network that consists of education, development and business support organisations in the region. We help international professionals to find employment in companies in our region or to start an own business. We also improve companies’ readiness to recruit international professionals.