Internationalisation in Studies
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences offers different opportunities to develop international skills, competence and cultural understanding during the degree studies. A good selection of language courses (Finnish, English, German, Swedish, Russian, Spanish) is available and a lot of courses focusing on internationalisation, culture and intercultural communication are also offered to SeAMK students. Study mobility and practical training abroad give an opportunity to deepen the international competence through real-life experience in a foreign country and culture. By including internationality to degree studies, SeAMK students are more competent for global working life after their graduation.
Studies in English
SeAMK has five degree programmes and several shorter programmes totally taught in English. Studies in English are available for Finnish and international degree and exchange students.
Degree programmes taught entirely in English:
- Bachelor Degree Programme in Agri-food Engineering
- Bachelor Degree Programme in Automation Engineering
- Bachelor Degree Programme in International Business
- Bachelor Degree Programme in Nursing
- Master Degree Programme in International Business Management
In addition, programmes for exchange students and some other study modules are offered in English in all SeAMK educational fields:
- Finnish-taught study modules that have visiting lecturers teaching in English
- Various incoming intensive courses where Finnish students study together with students and teachers from SeAMK’s partner universities
- Blended Mobility -type studies that include international study module that is carried out virtually and a short intensive course abroad
Also double degree programmes in the fields of business management, international business and automation engineering are arranged with partner universities in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, China, Germany, Hungary, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Russia and Spain.
Study mobility and practical training abroad
Every SeAMK student has an opportunity to do a part of his/her studies or practical training abroad. Mobility period can be a short intensive course abroad (1-2 weeks) or longer study mobility or practical training abroad (2-12 months). Mobilities are supported by different grants. More information: SeAMK International Education Services Team
Internationalisation at Home
Internationalisation at Home means experiencing and learning internationalisation in your own home university.
Language and cultural studies as well courses taught in English are part of Internationalisation at Home activities. In addition, to name a few other options, being a tutor to international students, participating in international projects or working as an assistant in seminars or conferences are ways of Internationalisation at Home which facilitate SeAMK students to get international experience and contacts as well as offer opportunities to practice language skills in real-life situations.