Who can apply?
You can apply to a Bachelor degree programme in a university of applied sciences in Finland if you have:
- Upper secondary education / matriculation examination completed in Finland.
- International Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung or European Baccalaureate of European schools completed in any country.
- Vocational qualification completed in Finland.
- Degree or qualification completed outside Finland. Must give eligibility for higher education in the awarding country.
In most cases you are eligible to apply for Bachelor level studies in Finland if you are eligible to apply for higher education in your home country. On the application form you need to give information on your upper secondary school leaving certificate (senior/high school certificate). Applicants may not apply using a degree from a university of applied sciences (UAS) or an academic university.
You may apply, if you complete your upper secondary school by summer 2017:
Citizens of EU/EEA-countries need to provide the final certificate by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT).
If you are NOT a citizen of an EU/EEA country, please check the instructions for discretionary admission below.
Required documents – Education completed in Finland
If you have taken your matriculation examination prior to 1990, please send copies of matriculation examination certificates to the Admission Services at the university of applied sciences (UAS) that is the highest of your UAS choices by 8 February 2017, 15.00 (+2 GMT).
Other applicant who have a qualification completed in Finland, do not need to send any copies during the application period. Certificates will be checked from admitted students.
Education completed outside Finland
Please send a copy of the educational certificate to the Admission Services at the university of applied sciences (UAS) that is the highest of your UAS choices. However, contact all the options of your preference when applying via discretionary admission.
In addition, a copy of an authorized Finnish, Swedish or English translation of the certificate must be provided, if the certificate is not written in one of these languages. Authorized translations must include the signature and the stamp of the translator.
If you have a qualification completed before 2017:
- send a copy of the final educational certificate by 8 February 2017, 15.00 (+2 GMT)
If you will complete your qualification by summer 2017:
- Citizens of EU/EEA-countries need to provide a copy of the final certificate by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT).
- If you are NOT a citizen of an EU/EEA country, please check the instructions for discretionary admission below.
Discretionary admission is applied at SeAMK in the study options Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business and Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing. You may apply if you complete your qualification by 14 July 2017, even if you are not from an EU/EEA-country.
Send the following attachments to SeAMK Admission Services by 8 February 2017:
- A photocopy of the latest transcript of records OR a statement of the upcoming graduation from your high school. Also a photocopy of an official translation of the document.
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences
P.O. Box 46
Frami F, 2nd floor
Tel. +358 (0)20 124 5208
Fax +358 (0)20 124 5001