SeAMK Direct Application
Information for admitted students
Confirmation to accept the study place
You will be notified of the admission result within 10 days after the entrance examination. Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place within ten (10) days after receiving the admission notice. Applicants who accept the study place also need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year 2019-2020. Admitted applicants who are required to pay the tuition, can register as student only after paying the tuition fee.
Please take into consideration the One Study Place per Term -provision! A student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. So you can accept only one study place in a degree programme starting in autumn 2019 in a university of applied sciences or a university in Finland. Read more: https://studyinfo.fi/wp2/en/higher-education/applying/one-study-place-per-term-provision/
Students registered as attending must produce their original school certificates on the first day of studies. Students registered as non-attending will show their original certificates when they register as attending and start their studies. The student admission is conditional until the original certificates have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide his/her certificates by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process.
The studies begin on Monday 2 September 2019 at 9.00 am. If you have registered for attendance, but have major trouble arriving in Finland/starting your studies on 2 September 2019, please contact the Admission Services. The definite deadline to arrive and present the original certificates is 15 October 2019. Note, however, that it is very important to be present from the start with the programme starting on 2 September.
Tuition fees and scholarships
The tuition fee for the Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business at SeAMK is 6800 € per academic year.
Scholarships for first year degree students
At SeAMK all first year degree students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be automatically granted a scholarship, which covers 50% of the tuition fee. So the admitted student needs to pay 3400 € for the first academic year.
Scholarships after the first year
To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the degree student must accrue a minimum of 55 credits during the previous academic year. The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year is also 50 % of the annual tuition fee.
Registration as a student
In addition to accepting the study place, you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year 2019-2020.
- If you are required to pay the tuition fee: Please note, that registration for the academic year is not possible before the tuition fee is paid. If you don’t pay the tuition fee and register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
- If you are not required to pay the tuition fee: Register for the academic year at the same time when accepting the study place. If you don’t register as instructed, you will lose your study entitlement.
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
– completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
– maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
– if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence should be submitted to the SeAMK Admission Services. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
1. service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women’s Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
2. maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela’s certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
3. the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student’s own notification is not an adequate clarification.
Commencement of studies
The studies begin on Monday 2 September 2019 at 9.00 am. The first days of studies include important orientation and therefore your attendance is important.
The student apartments in the city of Seinäjoki are offered by Sevas Oy student housing-service. Fill in the online application form once you get this info to improve your chances of getting an apartment!
It is required for new students to have a personal laptop for the duration of their studies. It is recommended that the laptop has an i5 processor with at least 8 GB of RAM. The recommended operating system is Windows 10. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences offers an office productivity software (word processor, spreadsheet and presentation program) free of charge for the duration of studies. In addition, students are offered a free update to the latest Windows operating system version.
Students arriving from outside European Union: Residence permit for studies
If you are a citizen of a non-EU/EEA-country you will need to apply for a residence permit for studies. For the residence permit application you need to enclose the Notification of Student Selection (acceptance letter), an account of sufficient funds, an account of sufficient health insurance and a documentation of the paid tuition fee. Do apply for the residence permit electronically, online, to speed up the processing! Read the instructions first: