Tuition fees and scholarship scheme at SeAMK
Who needs to pay?
Non-EU/EEA citizens, who confirm that they accept the study place in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on August 1, 2017 or later are charged tuition fees.
Who is exempted from paying the tuition fee?
Tuition fee is applicable to students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned below:
– Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
– EU Blue Card
– Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
– EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
– Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
– EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
How much is the tuition fee?
The following tuition fees will be charged at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:
– Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 6800€ per academic year
– Master degree programmes conducted in English: 7800€ per academic year
When to pay the tuition fee?
First year students need to pay the tuition fee when they accept their study place.
Continuing students need to pay the tuition fee by 30 April before registering for the next academic year.
Scholarships for first year students
At SeAMK all first year students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be automatically granted a scholarship, which covers 50% of the annual tuition fee. So you only need to pay 50 % of the tuition fee.
How much is a scholarship?
– Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 3400€ per academic year
– Master degree programmes conducted in English: 3900€ per academic year
Scholarships after the first year
To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the student must accrue:
– a minimum of 55 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme
– a minimum of 20 credits during the previous semester (half a year) in a Master degree programme
The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year is 50 % of the annual tuition fee.