Tuition fees and scholarship scheme at SeAMK
For possible changes for 2018, please follow updates on this site.
Who will need to pay?
At Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, tuition fees will be implemented starting August 1, 2017 for non-EU/EEA citizens, who confirm that they accept the study place, register for attendance, arrive and start the studies in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on August 1, 2017 or later.
Who is exempted from paying the tuition fee?
Tuition fee is applicable to students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned below:
– Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
– EU Blue Card
– Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
– EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
– Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
– EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
Provide a copy of an above mentioned document to SeAMK Student Services by 31 October 2017, 15.00 Finnish time. Note! Citizens of Finland are not required to provide proof of their citizenship: it will be verified from the population register.
How much is the tuition fee?
The following tuition fees will be charged at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:
– Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 6800€ per academic year
– Master degree programmes conducted in English: 7800€ per academic year
When to pay the tuition fee?
For first year students the tuition fee is payable by 31 October 2017.
Continuing students need to pay the tuition fee by 30 April before registering for the next academic year.
Scholarships for first year students
At SeAMK all first year students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be automatically granted a scholarship, which covers 50% of the annual tuition fee. There is no need for a scholarship application to be filled in.
How much is a scholarship?
– Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 3400€ per academic year
– Master degree programmes conducted in English: 3900€ per academic year
Scholarships for first year students will be paid by the last day of November.
Scholarships after the first year
To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the student must accrue:
– a minimum of 55 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme
– a minimum of 20 credits during the previous semester (half a year) in a Master degree programme
The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year:
– 60 % of the annual tuition fee for students, who have accrued the credits mentioned above with the mean grade 3-5 (scale 0-5).
– 30 % of the annual tuition fee for students, who have accrued the credits mentioned above with the mean grade 1-2 (scale 0-5).
Scholarships for continuing students will be paid by the last day of September each year.