Tuition fees and scholarship scheme at SeAMK
Who needs to pay?
Non-EU/EEA citizens, who confirm that they accept the study place in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on August 1, 2017 or later are charged tuition fees. In addition to the tuition fee, the students must pay for their own living costs. There is no tuition fee for EU/EEA citizens, exchange students or double degree students.
First year degree students need to pay the tuition fee at the same time when accepting the study place.
For the following study years, the tuition fee must be paid yearly when registering for the next academic year.
How much is the tuition fee?
Students admitted in 2020 or later will be charged the following tuition fees at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 7000 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
Please note, that students also need to pay for their own living costs. When applying for a residence permit in Finland, non-EU/EEA citizens need to demonstrate that they have 6720 € for one year at their disposal – in addition to the tuition fee. This is 560 € per month. However, the true cost of living can be higher.
Scholarships for first year degree students
This scholarship scheme will concern students admitted in 2020 or later.
At SeAMK all first year degree students, who are liable to pay tuition fee, will be automatically awarded a scholarship, which covers 30% of the tuition fee.
How much is a scholarship?
- Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 2100 € per academic year
- Master degree programmes conducted in English: 2400 € per academic year
Scholarships after the first year
To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the degree student must accrue:
- A minimum of 60 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme
- A minimum of 20 credits during the previous semester (half a year) in a Master degree programme
The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year is 30 % of the annual tuition fee.
- A student whose studies exceed the agreed examination date can get a scholarship for one extra semester.
Furthermore, a student can get a one-off SeAMK scholarship of 1000 € based on her/his Finnish language skills
- language skills will be assessed according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages during the second academic year at the earliest
- a student is eligible to receive this scholarship when she /he has shown her/his language skills within the right-to-study period
- a student has paid the tuition fee for the academic year in question
- a student can demonstrate her/his Finnish language skills with an official YKI test (National Certficate of Language Profiency). For more information, see the National Certificates of Language Proficiency web page.
- to get an extra scholarship a student has to achieve B1 CEFR level. In social and health care degree programs B2 level is required.
Who is exempted from paying the tuition fee?
Tuition fee is applicable to degree students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned below:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland*
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- EU Blue Card in Finland
- Proof from the Finnish Immigration Service that you have registered, or applied to register, your EU right to residence in Finland (UK-citizens)
*Citizens of Finland do not need to provide a copy of their passport/ID.
New students, who are admitted to studies starting in autumn 2021, need to provide a copy of the document mentioned above on 16 July 2021 at the latest. To be exempted from paying the tuition fee for the academic year 2021-2022, the document must be valid on 1 August 2021.
SeAMK Tuition Fee Refund Policy
You can find a link to the SeAMK Tuition Fee Refund Policy below.
Please note: Section number 1 in the SeAMK Tuition Fee Refund Policy does not apply to students starting in autumn 2021: “A person admitted as a student shall personally show the original certificates at the latest on the last official date of arrival for studies.” Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there is no demand to present the original certificates or physically arrive by a certain date.