Tuition Fees – fees and scholarship scheme | SeAMK.fi

Tuition Fees

Tuition fees and scholarship scheme at SeAMK

Who needs to pay?

Non-EU/EEA citizens, who confirm that they accept the study place in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on August 1, 2017 or later are charged tuition fees. In addition to the tuition fee, the students must pay for their own living costs. There is no tuition fee for EU/EEA citizens, exchange students or double degree students.

First year degree students need to pay the tuition fee at the same time when accepting the study place. The tuition fee must be paid in one installment.

For the following study years, the tuition fee must be paid or the exempting document must be delivered yearly when registering for the next academic year.

How much is the tuition fee?

Students admitted in 2023 will be charged the following tuition fees at Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences:

  • Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 8000 € per academic year
  • Master degree programmes conducted in English: 9000 € per academic year

Please note, that students also need to pay for their own living costs. When applying for a residence permit in Finland, non-EU/EEA citizens need to demonstrate that they have 6720 € for one year at their disposal – in addition to the tuition fee. This is 560 € per month. However, the true cost of living can be higher.

Further information:

Early Bird scholarship for the first year students

There is an Early Bird scholarship for the first year students at SeAMK. Early Bird scholarship will concern students admitted in 2023.

Early Bird scholarship is 30 % of the tuition fee and scholarship is available for the students, who will:

  • accept the study place offered by SeAMK within 7 days of notice of admission and
  • pay the tuition fee within 28 days of notice of admission and
  • register as an attending student for the first academic year.

Please notethat in Joint Application and SeAMK Direct Application Early Bird scholarship is available only for studentswho are accepted on 2.6.2023 at the latest. 

How much is an Early Bird scholarship?

  • Bachelor degree programmes conducted in English: 2400 € per academic year
  • Master degree programmes conducted in English: 2700 € per academic year

There are no other scholarships for the first year students at SeAMK.

Scholarships after the first year

To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the degree student must accrue:

  • A minimum of 60 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme
  • A minimum of 40 credits during the previous academic year in a Master degree programme

The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year is 30 % of the annual tuition fee. 

It will be checked on 15 September 2023 whether the student has accrued:    

  • a minimum of 60 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme   
  • a minimum of 40 credits during the previous academic year in a Master degree programme 

The evaluation date of the studies needs to be during 1 August 2022 – 31 July 2023.     

  • If student has accrued the 60 credits in a Bachelor degree programme, the student has already received the scholarship having paid only 70 % when registering for the academic year. Students are informed about the scholarship decisions by email at the end of September. If student hasn’t accrued the 60 credits, student needs to pay the other 30 % of the tuition fee by 31 December 2023.  
  • If student has accrued the 40 credits in a Master degree programme, the student has already received the scholarship having paid only 70 % when registering for the academic year. Students are informed about the scholarship decisions by email at the end of September. If student hasn’t accrued the 40 credits, student needs to pay the other 30 % of the tuition fee by 31 December 2023.   

A student whose studies exceed the agreed examination date can get a scholarship for one extra semester.

Furthermore, a student can get a one-off SeAMK Language proficiency grant of 1000 € based on her/his Finnish language skills

  • language skills will be assessed according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages during the second academic year at the earliest
  • a student is eligible to receive this scholarship when she /he has shown her/his language skills within the right-to-study period.
  • a student has paid the tuition fee for the academic year in question.
  • a student can demonstrate her/his Finnish language skills with an official YKI test (National Certficate of Language Profiency). For more information, see the National Certificates of Language Proficiency web page.
  • More detailed information about grant is available for students at SeAMK Intra

Who is exempted from paying the tuition fee?

Tuition fee is applicable to degree students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying tuition fees if you have one of the documents mentioned below:

  • Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland*
  • Continuous residence permit card in Finland, type A permit, granted on other grounds than studies
  • Permanent residence permit card in Finland, type P permit
  • EU Family Member’s Residence Card in Finland
  • EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
  • EU Blue Card in Finland
  • Brexit residence permit card, Type SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement

*Citizens of Finland do not need to provide a copy of their passport/ID.

To be exempted from paying the tuition fee for the academic year 2023-2024, the document must be valid on 1 August 2023. New students, who are admitted to studies starting in autumn 2023, need to provide a document mentioned above on 14 July 2023 at the latest. Upload the document on your application form in section “Copies of the accepted student’s all relevant certificates”.

SeAMK Tuition Fee Refund Policy

The link to SeAMKs Tuition fee refund policy will be updated to this page in December 2022.

SeAMK reserves the right to make changes to the information on this page.