Väylä pathway studies for secondary education students in Finland
The Pathway Studies allow the secondary-education students of SeAMK’s partner institutions to complete higher education studies while attending vocational secondary education or upper secondary school.
What is meant by Pathway Studies?
- The Pathway Studies are aimed at the secondary-education students of SeAMK’s partner institutions attending vocational secondary education or upper secondary school.
- A student taking Pathway Studies completes studies included in SeAMK’s degree programmes while studying in their secondary-education programme. The Pathway studies are completed as studies of Open University of Applied Sciences.
- The Pathway Studies are based on SeAMK’s Pathway Curricula.
- The studies included in the Pathway Curricula are free of charge for the students of SeAMK’s secondary-education partner institutions.
- A student who has completed the Pathway Studies is eligible for a Pathway Studies-based separate application procedure after they have earned their secondary education degree. Eligibility is valid in the immediately following separate application procedure. SeAMK defines the criteria for the eligibility of students and publishes the separate application procedure at the Opintopolku.fi service. Eligibility based on Pathway Studies concerns the specific Degree Programme for which the student completed their Pathway Studies. More information about Pathway Studies-based application procedures: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you join the Pathway Studies?
- The Pathway Studies are only aimed at SeAMK’s secondary-education partner institutions.
- A student interested in the Pathway Studies should primarily contact the study counsellor of their own school. The student discusses the opportunities to start Pathway Studies with the study counsellor of the secondary education institution.
- Registration for the Pathway Studies is done through the contact person of the secondary education institution. The contact persons of the secondary education institutions are separately informed on the procedure for registration.
Secondary-education pathway for students of Etelä-Pohjanmaan Urheiluakatemia
A student attending a vocational secondary education programme or upper secondary school who is also a student of Etelä-Pohjanmaan urheiluakatemia, can choose the Sports Academy Pathway. Top-level sports can be combined with higher education studies, and, at the same time, allow the sporting student a flexible study pathway to Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. The flexibility of the Pathway Studies and their multimodality make it easier to schedule the studies and to combine them with sporting life. In the studies, you can exploit your competences gained through sports and training.
Sports and studies can be integrated with each other in SeAMK’s Degree Programmes
At SeAMK, you can integrate top-level sports with higher education studies. SeAMK provides a flexible study path for the sporting students of Urheiluakatemia.