The school of health care and social work is well-known for its dynamic engagement in a variety of activities promoting research, development and innovation (RDI activity). The RDI is carried out in co-operation with enterprises and organizations, other educational institutions and research institutions nationwide and internationally. The students´ participation in RDI enables them to integrate theory and practical knowledge and they will get real experiment about RDI and project work already as a student.
Expertise areas include:
- preventive and interdisciplinary services for individuals, families or groups of people
- enabling integration and well-being at working life
- ensuring preventive and empowering services for the elderly
So called cross-cutting themes are:
- participative and client-oriented way of work
- work with entrepreneurial spirit
- utilization of technology innovations
Continuing professional education courses are elaborated in co-operation with various partners, taking into consideration the requirements of working life and anticipating changes in competences needed. About 150-200 courses are offered annually.
We also offer welfare services. Some examples of those are:
- different kind of preventive or rehabilitative groups for different aged people
- consulting working communities and developing of work, for example in team work, management, knowledge in professional work
- evaluation services