17 - 21 November 2014
Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences and Centria University of Applied Sciences in Kokkola, Finland
Welcome to join a nice bunch of language teachers on the Erasmus exchange period in Finland!
We teach, share, cooperate, discuss and enjoy ourselves
The week will be arranged in cooperation with two Universities of Applied Sciences: Centria and Seinäjoki Universities of Applied Sciences. The two universities locate in one hour distance from each (see map) other by train (timetables).
You have the opportunity to
• meet a number of colleagues from the field of language teaching.
• become acquainted with language classes and students.
• collaborate in the minimum number of 8 lessons required for the Erasmus teacher exchange.
• apply practical language teaching style.
• participate in our social program and get to know new colleagues from different countries.
The didactic objects are
• Team teaching
• Learning languages and culture in an international context
• Internationalisation at home
• Academic networking with colleagues
• Professional development and pedagogical exchange in language teachers’ workshops
Teaching topics included in the programme
You have the opportunity to pick a teaching topic of your choice from the list below
Professional competence level courses
• Intercultural communication
Beginner level courses
• German (in Seinäjoki)
• Russian (in Seinäjoki)
• Spanish (in Kokkola)
• French (in Kokkola)
• Swedish (in Kokkola)
How is it going to happen?
Since the event is organised by the two universities, we can offer you the opportunity to teach at both locations, if you wish to.
In order to apply, we kindly ask you to send a CV and write a brief professional introduction of yourself. Make sure you express clearly which language(s) you hope to be involved with.
Send the documents to the representative of your partner institution. Please see the addresses below.
SeAMK: email@example.com / +358 40 830 4129
Centria firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 44 725 0012