Call for papers
Intercultural Competence at Work
We open a call for papers on the theme Intercultural Competence at Work. Both theoretical and practical contributions are welcome.
Suggested topic areas include:
- Different worlds, different languages: Getting to grips with cultural diversity
- Managing and leading in different cultures
- Practicing cultural and emotional intelligence across cultures
- Intercultural negotiations and the global mindset
- Processes and strategies for initiating, maintaining, and furthering global mindset
- Theories and practical applications related to the field of intercultural communication, competency development, and education
- Taking it to the street: the application of best practices
16 March 2020 Acceptance of proposals is still ongoing, so if you are interested, please get in touch with our contact person Päivö Laine, firstname.lastname@example.org
30 September 2020 Submission of full papers
Submission of abstracts
Papers follow an abstract format of approximately 300 words, including references, proposed participants as well as their individual contribution. Please submit your abstract here. The submissions will be reviewed by the Prominence Editorial Board.
Information for authors
The full papers of the symposium will be published in an electronic format in Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences publications Series B: Reports and will be ISBN numbered. All papers will be reviewed by the Prominence Editorial Board. The papers should follow the Instructions for written work of SeAMK; a template for the publication is available here.
Appropriate length of full paper: within 10 pages including references.
Prof. Ildiko Némethová, University of Economics, Bratislava, Slovakia
Prof. Troy Wiwczaroski, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Dr. Päivö Laine, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Finland