Creativity and Health
The School of Health Care and Social Work’s research and development focuses on welfare and creativity in the following fields:
- Welfare technology supporting transforming societies
- Digitalization in health care and social services
- Proactive and empowering services for elderly people and families
- Quality and well-being in working life, including management development
- More well-being from cultural services
Welfare technology has been under systematic development in SeAMK during the past two decades. The merge of South Ostrobothnia Health Technology Development Centre into SeAMK in October 2018 further strengthened SeAMK’s expertise in adapting ICT technologies into health care sector’s needs. In 2018 and 2019 emphasis has been on developing and updating the living labs. SeAMK Living Labs in Welfare Technology play a vital role in regional and international RDI.