Sustainable Digital Construction (SDC)
Sustainable digital construction is an extensive and diverse research and development area. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences has developed the theme from several aspects including circular economy. SeAMK has FINAS (Finnish Accreditation Service) accredited concrete laboratory, which is highly utilized.
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- More effective use of BIM throughout the life cycle of the building.
- BIM competencies among various stakeholders in the building sector (knowledge and capacity requirements, information sharing among various parties etc.)
- Construction and building materials (carbon footprint, circularity)
- Construction and building process (how to build (on the spot/prebuilt in the factory), when to build (spring/winter; affects the methods, tools to be used and this way the ecology of the building construction etc.)
- Streamlining production, improving quality
Management of building construction project
- Effective usage of digital tools in managing building construction