Entrepreneurship and Growth
The School of Business and Culture’s research and development focuses on
- Growth Entrepreneurship
- Business Transfers
- Entrepreneurial Intentions and Student Entrepreneurship
- Strategic Business Development and Circular Economy
- Development of Tourism Business and Entrepreneurship
Growth entrepreneurship and business transfers have been the spear heads of RDI at SeAMK for the past two decades. SeAMK’s experienced and multidisciplinary research group of growth entrepreneurship and business transfers has 16 members of whom eight are post doc researchers. Please see the profile of the key experts here.
The main interests of the research team lie in
- explaining and understanding the preconditions and consequences of growth entrepreneurship
- developing practical tools and models for SMEs based on scientific research
- developing the best ecosystem for business transfers in Finland.
Business transfer experiences and views of SMEs have been studied from buyers’ and successors’ and sellers’ and experts’ point of view. Advisory and educational services to support the business transfers have also been developed. National level business transfer barometers have been conducted in 2012, 2015 and 2018. They act as a base for awareness raising and policy making. SeAMK also led EU CIP funded project called ‘BTAR – Business Transfer Awareness Raising’, where situation analysis about business transfer awareness raising in Finland, France, Spain, Croatia and Sweden was conducted and report produced (see the report here.) Based on the situation analysis and expertise of the teams, an ideal model for business transfer awareness raising was developed. The final electronic guidebook for Business Transfer Awareness Raising can be found here.