Wellbeing technology supporting transforming societies
The School of Health Care and Social Work’s research and development focuses on wellbeing and creativity in the following fields:
- Wellbeing technology supporting transforming societies
- Digitalization in health care and social services
- Proactive and empowering services for elderly people and families
- Quality and wellbeing in working life, including management development
- More wellbeing from cultural services
The following figure illustrates the thematic areas of current and emerging competences and interests in Wellbeing Technology supporting Transforming Societies at SeAMK.
Wellbeing technology has been under systematic development in SeAMK during the past two decades. The merge of South Ostrobothnia Health Technology Development Centre into SeAMK in October 2018 further strengthened SeAMK’s expertise in adapting ICT technologies into health care sector’s needs. In 2018 and 2019 emphasis has been on developing and updating the living labs. SeAMK Living Labs in Wellbeing Technology play a vital role in regional and international RDI.