Announcement of the results
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business (BBA) and
Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing
Admission results will be published by 30 June 2017. You may be notified of the admission before 30 June if
- you gained admission to your highest preference or
- you were accepted, for example, to your third preference and will not be able to gain admission to the programmes you had listed as preferences 1 and 2.
SeAMK does not use a waiting list / reserve place -system in the joint application of spring 2017, so no one is admitted after 30 June 2017 from a reserve place.
Confirmation to accept the study place
Admitted applicants must confirm to accept the study place by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT) at the latest. You will lose the study place if you do not accept it by the deadline. Confirmation of the study place is binding and cannot be altered or cancelled. You can confirm the study place electronically. Please follow the instructions sent to you by email.
Please note that you can accept only one study place in the “Joint application to higher education spring 2017” or direct degree applications / separate applications to Universities or Universities of Applied Sciences. When you accept the study place you can no longer be considered as a first-time applicant.
Registering for the academic year
In addition to accepting the study place, you need to register as an attending or non-attending student for the academic year 2017-2018 by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT). If you do not register as a student, you will lose your study right. If the student needs to apply for the restitution of the study entitlement, the application fee is 50 Euros (A1440/2014, 3 §).
Registering as non-attending student
Please note that first year student can register as non-attending only on the following legal grounds:
- completion of military service or civilian service in Finland
- maternity leave, paternity leave or parental leave or
- if you are unable to begin your studies due to illness or disability.
If you register as absent, you must prove the legal grounds for your absence. Documents proving the legal grounds for your absence should be submitted to the SeAMK Admission Services by 14 July 2017, 15.00 at the latest. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification. The documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English.
Documents that prove the legal grounds for your non-attendance:
- service under the Conscription Act (1438/2007), Non-Military Service Act (1446/2007), or Act on Women's Voluntary Military Service (194/1995): Call-up order
- maternity, paternity or parental leave: Kela's certificate regarding maternity, paternity or parental allowance period or, if the certificate has not yet been received, a medical certificate regarding the pregnancy. Corresponding certificates from the authorities of other countries regarding statutory parental leave.
- the student cannot begin studies due to being incapacitated by personal illness or injury: Sickness allowance decision or, if no decision exists, a medical certificate. The medical certificate must state which illness or injury the student suffers from, and that this condition prevents the student from beginning their studies on 1 August 2017. Obstacles caused by the practical arrangements required by the illness or injury: an adequate clarification, e.g. a certificate from the student housing foundation that the student is on the waiting list for an apartment required by his or her injury. The student's own notification is not an adequate clarification.
Submitting copies of the certificates
Submit copies of the certificates you used as the basis for application and their translations (Finnish, Swedish or English) to the SeAMK Admission Services by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT). If you choose to send the documents by e-mail, please take into account security issues. The copies will not be returned. If you have already submitted the copies to SeAMK during the application period, you do not need to submit them again. If you applied for bachelor-level studies with your Matriculation Examination completed in Finland in 1990 or after, you do not need to submit the certificate at all.
Students registered as attending must produce their original school certificates on the first day of studies. Students registered as non-attending will show their original certificates when they register as attending and start their studies.
The student admission is conditional until the copies of the certificates and the original certificates have been verified. Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences will withdraw the admission, if the applicant does not provide his/her certificates by the deadline or if he/she has given inadequate or false information in the application process.
If you believe that there has been a mistake in the student selection and the admission criteria have not been applied correctly, you can do a written request for rectification by 14 July 2017, 15.00 (+3 GMT). Please contact SeAMK Admission Services first.