School of Health Care and Social Work
The School of Health Care and Social Work is located in Frami campus, near Seinäjoki city centre. The number of students in this faculty is 1000 and the number of academic staff is 80.
Year of foundation
School of Health Care in 1903, merged with SeAMK in 1992.
School of Social Work in 1986, merged with SeAMK in 1992.
School of Social Work and Health Care was united in 2003.
- Bachelor of Health Care (registered nurse, registered public health nurse, registered physiotherapist)
- Bachelor of Health Care and Social Work (elderly care)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Master of Social Work
- Elderly Care
- Nursing (in English)
- Public Health Nursing
- Social Work
- Social Work
- Development and Management of Health Care and Social work
Research & Development
The school of health care and social work is well-known for its dynamic engagement in a variety of activities promoting research, development and innovation (RDI activity). The RDI is carried out in co-operation with enterprises and organizations, other educational institutions and research institutions nationwide and internationally. The students´ participation in RDI enables them to integrate theory and practical knowledge and they will get real experiment about RDI and project work already as a student.
Expertise areas include:
– preventive and interdisciplinary services for individuals, families or groups of people
– enabling integration and well-being at working life
– ensuring preventive and empowering services for the elderly
So called cross-cutting themes are:
– participative and client-oriented way of work
– work with entrepreneurial spirit
– utilization of technology innovations
Continuing professional education courses are elaborated in co-operation with various partners, taking into consideration the requirements of working life and anticipating changes in competences needed. About 150-200 courses are offered annually.
We also offer welfare services. Some examples of those are:
– different kind of preventive or rehabilitative groups for different aged people
– consulting working communities and developing of work, for example in team work, management, knowledge in professional work
– evaluation services