Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences is a multidisciplinary
institution of higher educationand an efficient actor in education and
research, development and innovation (RDI) in the region of South
Ostrobothnia in West Finland.
The number of full-time students is 5000 and academic and other staff members 380. Seinäjoki UAS has 19 Bachelor
and 7 Master degree programmes. Three degree programmes are totally
taught in English (International Business, Nursing and a Master's Degree
in International Business Management). Also double degree programmes
are available in the fields of technology and business.
Seinäjoki UAS provides education aiming at high-level professional qualification in the following fields:
- Social sciences, Business and Administration
- Technology, Communication and Transport
- Natural Resources and the Environment
- Social services, Health and Sports
- Tourism, Catering and Domestic Services
In education and in R&D activities Seinäjoki UAS has concentrated on the following focus areas:
Sustainable Food Solutions
- Smart and Energy Efficient Systems
- Welfare and Creative Individuals and Communities
- Entrepreneurship, New Business Concepts and Service Innovations
These areas of expertise are being developed based on regional and international needs and our special strengths.
Internationalization is a strategic aim of Seinäjoki UAS
We have about
200 partner universities in 50 different countries all over the world.
Active student and academic mobility, RDI projects and international
conferences are a vital part of our international activities.