Bachelor Degree Programme in Nursing
The Bachelor Degree Programme in Nursing will qualify the student as a Registered Nurse (RN). The programme trains nurses who are the experts in nursing in different working environments. Their main task is to promote and maintain health and to prevent illness. They care for ill and suffering individuals, families and communities and also rehabilitate them.
DEGREE: Bachelor of Health Care
LENGTH OF STUDIES: 210 ECTS Credits, 3,5 years
NUMBER OF STUDY PLACES: 25
APPLICATION PERIOD for studies starting in autumn 2018:
- Joint Application 9 – 24 January 2018 (entrance exams outside Finland) and
- Joint application 14 – 28 March 2018 (entrance exams in Finland)
Are You Interested in These Parts of Health Care?
- nursing in multicultural settings
- humane and social profession as Registered Nurse (RN)
- supporting, helping and caring for healthy and sick human beings in all ages
- using modern technology in nursing
- developing and researching nursing according to scientific methods
- achieving good skills both in English language and in Finnish language
- knowing the responsibilities of RN in nursing
During your studies you will develop evidence-based theoretical thinking and practical skills in nursing. The programme includes supervised clinical practice according to EU-directives, partly conducted abroad.
Your Studies of Nursing Include Competence in These Things:
- acting ethically
- promoting and maintaining health
- doing practical nursing acts
- giving the right medication
- improving decision-making in nursing
- advising and guiding the patients
- interacting and co-operating in multiprofessional teams and with colleagues
- developing and researching nursing
- managing and planning in nursing organisations
- nursing in multicultural settings
How Are Your Nursing Studies Organized?
Your studies are full-time studies. The programme is taught and conducted in English, but it also includes studies in Finnish so that the foreign students will be able to use the Finnish language at the end of the education. Part of the practical training should be done in Finnish speaking organisation during the studies.
Literature reviews, scientific articles and researches which are needed in the learning process are written mainly in English. The programme includes theoretical contact lectures as well as independent learning studies. Learning methods depend on the topics, eg. lab skills and virtual methods are used. Theoretical studies will be organized mainly at the School of Health Care and Social Work.
You train nursing during the practical periods in different kind of nursing settings both in Finland and abroad for a total period of 50 weeks. During the practical training you combine theoretical and practical knowledge in nursing.
Job Opportunities for Registered Nurses in Finland
The degree programme gives excellent employment opportunities in the health care sector all around the world. In Finland Registered Nurses work in hospitals, health care centres, elderly homes, rehabilitation centres, in the private sector, in the voluntary sector and also as entrepreneurs.
How to Apply to Degree Programme in Nursing?
For studies starting in autumn 2018:
- Joint Application 9 – 24 January 2018 at www.studyinfo.fi
- Entrance examinations outside Finland in March 2018
- Joint Application 14 – 28 March 2018 at www.studyinfo.fi
- Entrance examinations in Finland in April 2018
More information about the application process you will get from the Admission Services of SeAMK.